Of the many questions that Passaic County drivers ask after a car accident, a common one is whether a lawyer is actually necessary after a New Jersey accident. While there is no legal requirement to retain the services of a Passaic County car accident lawyer, it is certainly better for victims to have the assistance of an experienced lawyer. A thorough case evaluation with a lawyer can get you answers to your questions and concerns.
How Do You Know If You Need A Lawyer For A Car Accident?
After a car accident, you likely have many questions and concerns. While this is a completely normal reaction, an attorney is an excellent source of accurate and knowledgeable information. An attorney is especially helpful in the following ways when pursuing compensation:
- He or she will speak with insurance companies on your behalf to ensure that any possible settlement is commensurate with your injuries.
- A lawyer can give you an estimate of the value of your case.
- An attorney will advise you through every step of the compensation process.
- A lawyer will ensure that your best interests are represented at all times.
- Your Passaic County car accident lawyer will gather evidence and witness accounts in the process of a thorough case evaluation.
- By speaking on your behalf at every opportunity, a lawyer will function as your ally while you focus on other things, such as recovery and rebuilding.
These are just some of the many benefits to having an attorney. The personal injury and wrongful death legal process can quickly overwhelm the inexperienced driver. A Passaic County car accident attorney is only a phone call away.
Other reasons to consider an attorney include the following:
- Insurance companies may pressure you to settle for less than your case is worth.
- You may not know all of your rights after a car accident.
- The legal process is complicated and steeped in legalese.
- After a serious accident that involved serious injuries, you have more important things to worry about, such as recovery and your family.
- Medical bills can be daunting. An attorney will seek the best possible settlement to cover these expenses.
If you are interested in speaking to an attorney about your options after a car accident, call as soon as possible to schedule a case evaluation.